The holidays are a time of a variety of celebrations, traditions and most importantly spending time with family. Fortunately, for those who have no local family, they have us.
Here at Copley at Stoughton, we consider all our residents family and one of the most rewarding parts of our job is to ensure no one experiences loneliness, particularly during the holidays. Our top-notch staff works diligently throughout the year to create a number of thoughtfully planned festive activities to accommodate all our residents. It is well documented the benefits of socialization for the elderly, and during this time of year it is especially important.
Here are some of ways we celebrate the season:
- The Winter Mural – each season our residents work together to create a mural in our main lobby. This beautiful collaborative piece is on display for everyone to enjoy. We celebrate the unveiling with refreshments and invite both residents and their family and friends to attend.
- Carolers – each year we welcome various choirs from surrounding communities who entertain our residents and staff with a variety of holiday favorites.
- The Holiday Party – the annual Magical Holiday Open House is a MUST. Complete with food and entertainment, it is truly an event everyone enjoys. If a resident can’t make it to the party, we bring it to them!
- Holiday cards – we’re blessed to be in such a loving and caring community. Our residents receive cards from people they may not know from all over the area and it truly lifts their spirits.
- Our Hanukkah party will take place on December 27th at 11:15am and the lighting of the Menorah will take place during each day of Hanukkah at 4pm!
- Family time – for our residents who do have family who can visit over the holidays, we offer a private dining room that can be reserved for a private celebration.
This is the season of giving and we’d like to think that we’re creating a memorable experience for our residents who aren’t fortunate enough to share the holidays with relatives. We hope you agree.
From all of us at Copley at Stoughton, we wish you and yours a safe, happy and healthy holiday and a peaceful and prosperous New Year!